duminică, 3 august 2014

True Blood Season 7 Episodes 5, 6 and 7

Hi guys! How`s summer?
Mine is awesome...but I haven`t had the time to write about my favorite tv show True Blood. I know...you may think this season kinda sucked...pawn intended...but we have to be #truetotheend no?

So, let`s start with some thoughts on episode 5: 

As Eric and Pam search for Sarah Newlin in Dallas, Sookie reluctantly hosts a celebration of life party where people get (un)lucky. This episode has a little bit of everything you want in an hour of True Blood: humor, gore, grief, sex, and a lot of Lafayette.

Let`s move on quickly to episode 6:
The race to whether or not Sookie and Bill can find true love with one another by the end of "True Blood's" run was accelerated in Season 7, episode 6 "Karma." 
It turns out that not only is Bill infected with Hep-V, but Sookie was the one who infected him. To make matters worse, her fairy blood is causing the disease to spread inside him at a rapid rate, thus leading to a quicker death. Whoops!

And tonights episode: Things I liked:
1.) Arlene. Arlene was on point in this episode and I loved every minute of it. She is one of the few characters the show improved from the books and it’s lovely to watch her have moments like she had tonight, especially her scene with Sam.
2.) Andy. He has these moments of incredible depth this season that really are nice to watch, considering his levels of Jason-esque idiocy in past seasons.
3.) Bill - I don’t mean the flashbacks, or him with Sookie, but watching this character that I’ve always hated be so humbled and laid low by his impending death - Stephen Moyer played it very well and I appreciated those scenes, even if I still don’t give a flying fuck about his flash backs, and am so anti-Bill/Sookie it physically pains me to see them together. But his relationship with Jess is legit, and I appreciate those moments.
4.) Sarah Newlin - I was on the fence about her being there this season because it felt like a waste of time. But good lord her scenes tonight, with the hallucinations of Jason, Steve and what’s his name - mighty entertaining. Especially Steve and Jason. 
5.) Including Dr. Ludwig and Niall - they’re from the books so it’s nice to get them, even when it’s brief. Though what they SHOULD have done was have Niall give Sookie the Cluviel Dor (from the books) if they’re so insistent on her and Bill ending up together. I know she uses it on Sam in the books, but that ship has sailed on the show, so it would have been a good deus ex machina for them, and probably way better than what they’ll end up coming up with.
Complaints:
1.) It’s really fucking uncomfortable to watch Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer have a sex scene, partially because their characters are my NoTP, but mostly because the last time they were together on the show, they weren’t married in real life. And now they are, and it is all sorts of creepy and weird to watch that.
2.) It’s incredibly disconcerting to watch one of my OTPs become characters I despise. I ship Sookie and Eric from the books, and I hate that they’ve turned Eric into a fucking idiot who does stupid and reckless things for no reason and is cruel and heartless. And Sookie is an idiot and almost a non-entity at this point. Where’s my brilliant, decent but ruthless Viking vampire? Where’s my ultra-clever, independent and stubborn spitfire fairy waitress? I hate that the show has taken them from me and turned them into awful people I can barely stand. I’m gonna go watch season 4 to get that feeling back….
3.) On that note - Eric Northman you complete fucking idiot. Here’s the only person who can lead you to the cure so of course your first instinct to should be to kill her. And then, here’s this man offering you the fucking moon on a  platter and your first response is…to say no? 

4.) Also, Jason Stackhouse, you complete fucking idiot. I thought we were past this. I thought you’d grown up. Oh wait, I guess the writers forgot that the whole reason Hoyt left was because you slept with his girlfriend and ruined his life - so instead of having a touching scene where you watch your friend in pain and there’s nothing you can do about it because you wiped his memories of you, let’s have you lust over his girlfriend again. Because that’s new and refreshing - not. 
5.) Again with Leddie May. I can’t even. Thankfully it was only a short scene, but even that didn’t go anywhere, come on, don’t spread out the boredom, just wrap it up and stop wasting my precious Lafayette’s screen time on Leddie May’s crazy.

Things I’m ambivalent about for now:
Whatever the fuck Violet is doing. I can’t figure out what her endgame on that is, so it’s too soon to tell how I feel about it. Other than I really liked her last season and parts of this season when she was so ruthlessly loyal to the people Jason cared about, but now I don’t know how to feel. Time will tell.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu